Saturday, September 13, 2008

Babysitting bootcamp

So, I wandered off again, falling into the dark abyss of non blogging. It sucked. Maybe someone needs to start a bloggers AA or something. Where I was during my absenteeism, i have not come to know. The important thing is that I make a commitment to not do it again. (keep me in yer prayers)

As far as the baby sitting, well... the sticky unknown substances that have covered my kitchen floors for the past several years have become a normalcy around the Rice household. Sticky fingers leaving little smudgy marks down the beige walls are annoying, but each one has a story to tell. I have a hard time dealing with the disapproving looks of the hubby when he sees a poster paint mess, or play dough balls littering the floor, but even lifeless, multicolored globs of dough have memories of unstiffled giggles and wild imagination.
There is a time where I would much rather duct tape them all to the wall (ever hear of redneck time-out, LOL)then to compile a list of activities to keep their little minds at work, but there is no reward greater then that of a child glowing with self confidence when he proudly sits down and recites his ABC's, beginning to end with out the slightest of stumbles.

No comments: